January 15, 2013

19 - King David

"David sang, 'The Lord is my rock, my fortress in whom I take refuge. I called to him and I was saved from my enemies. Waves of death engulfed me, rivers of destruction assailed me, the ropes of Sheol entangled me, (and) the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord and from his temple he heard my cry.'"
-2 Samuel 22:1-7
Who needs armor in battle when you've got a fancy new hat!
(source: Donatello's David)

David is the second of the Israelite kings and aside from an overly active libido, he's a LOT more stable than Saul, no offense big guy. Actually all things considered, David seems like a really fun guy to hang out with! Dancing, singing, drinking, he's the original party animal! It's a shame that so much stuff happens to him but such is the price famous historical people pay for being famous.


MP3 Download

Music Credits
Michael Levy - Hava Nagila











Resources
The Kingdom of Israel under David

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash