January 7, 2013

18 - Samuel and Saul

"And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold! To obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken, than the fat of rams."
- 1 Samuel 15:22
Hey David, don't freak out...but there's a nasty spider on your back. I think I can get him!
source: Il Guercino Saul and David

You know, I kinda feel bad for Saul. The guy gets a bum rap in the Bible because he doesn't do things through the proper channels and behaves like...well, a king! Of course EVERYONE just loooves David, Mr. I'm so awesome with my Dennis the Menace slingshot, but does anyone ever thank Saul for his accomplishments? No! Guy sees one witch in Endor...yes the town was called Endor, and everyone hates you!
So from me to you Saul, I got your back man

MP3 Download

Music Credits
Michael Levy - Psalm 114 (Ancient Traditional Melody, c.2nd century CE)











Resources
Map of the Philistine Pentapolis
British Journal of Psychiatry: Diagnosing King Saul
David and Saul by Julius Kronberg
Samuel turning away from Saul...see how everyone's a jerk to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash