December 19, 2012

Woo hoo! Recognition!

I knew about it last week, but I just received a nice official email from iTunes today congratulating the podcast on being chosen as one of the best new podcasts of 2012! Initially I thought that this accomplishment would be followed by Spanish galleons laden with plundered gold, but then I read the fine print (you gotta read the fine print.)

On the plus side I get to display this cool new badge on the site! Which I will! Right now!

Now let's talk about when the next episode is coming out. I'm off next week so HOPEFULLY I'll be able to spend lots of time making episode 17, where we'll take a look at the Israelites earliest leaders, the Judges! I'm shooting for next Friday but if I don't make it don't be mad! Well, ok, you can be mad, just don't be Samson mad and tear down the internet in your rage.

Well anyway, just wanted to share this bit of news for anyone who hadn't heard about it yet. (I'm looking at you people who haven't joined the Facebook group yet!!!) All this is made possible because of my awesome listeners! So thanks for sticking with me and spreading the word. Just think, when we're on episode 200 which I'll be broadcasting from Carnegie Hall, we'll all look back on this and be like, I remember when he only had 16 episodes! 

But...that was before Q'uq'umatz ushered in the new baktun and brought with him an infestation of couatls! Get the fly swatters out!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    I've really been enjoying this series, but I now cant seem to download the mp3 anymore since the move to Soundcloud. I'd be really grateful for the direct link if you can. Anyway love the Simpsons references, other cartoons and general jokiness. Thanks for the all the episodes so far. Happy Christmas, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dan, that's my fault, I must have deleted the MP3 link by accident on Ep.16 but it's back up!

      Also any fan of Simpsons and cartoon silliness is ALWAYS welcome here. Merry Christmas and here's to a fantastic 2013!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad this podcast is getting recognition. It is truly great. I'm learning a lot from you. THANKS! and keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to know I could impart some history knowledge!

      Delete
  3. Recently found the podcast and immediately fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete

HyperSmash